Paleomagnetism and rock magnetism. Archeomagnetism and environmental magnetism. Brittle deformation of the continental and oceanic crust.
1. Rock magnetism, paleosecular variatuions and relative paleointesity of Lisan sediments in the Sea of Galilee.
2. Rock magnetism of Holocene Dead Sea sediments and comparison to Lisan sediment in Dead Sea area.
3. Magnetostratigraphy of Ubeidiya hominid bearing formation.
4. Absolute paleo-intensity of the earth magnetic field: a new paleo-intensity method and application to Israeli copper mining slag deposits.
5. Rock magnetic study of synthetic slag deposits: implications to absolute paleo-intensity of the earth field.
6. Rock and paleomagnetism of oceanic upper lithosphere implication for the deformation of Troodos spreading ridge.
7. Magnetostratigraphy of Wonderwork Cave deposit: Implication to early Pleistocene hominid migrations and cave occupation, Northwest Cape Province, South Africa.
The equipments in the paleomagnetic laboratory allow to perform the following measurements and experiments.
1. Measurement of Natural Remnant Magnetization of rock samples with wide range of magnetization. The noise level is high 10e-9 to low 10e-8 emu.
2. Automatic stepwise Alternating Field (AF) demagnetization up to 200 mT.
3. Thermal demagnetization in a shielded furnace.
4. Isothermal Remnant Magnetization acquisition up to 16 KG.
5. magnetic susceptibility measurements.
6. ARM experiments and measurements.